QtWeb is a wonderful web browser with a lot of features and powerful capabilities. It is a must software for your computer.
Here are some great features of QtWeb which make it so magical :
- Very small size. Requires just 6.64MB after installation (Firefox : 23MB, Chrome : 52MB).
- Scores 100/100 on AcidTests. (Firefox 70, IE 20 ;) )
- Supports portability. No need to look PortableApps.com. Hence, can be copied and run even from USB, CD/DVD etc. Portable executable size is just 4.76MB.
- Apple WebKit rendering engine.
- Turn on Private Browsing mode to avoid leaving traces of browsing, even UserAgent which is being sent to the web server is masked.
- Customizable menus, hot keys, keyboard shortcuts, toolbar buttons and search providers. Missing in Firefox, Opera, Chrome & IE8.
- Open Source.
Hence, QtWeb is something which can’t be ignored. It is going to be the next big thing in the browser world. If speed is an important factor for you then you SHOULD try this. I am 100% sure that you will love it over Chrome and Firefox!
Of course, the browser is still in developing phase and lacks some essential features, like : Plug-ins/add-ons (supports Netscape Plug-ins – Adobe Flash Player, QuickTime etc.) , support for languages other than English, RSS support, JAVA etc. I am waiting eagerly for these additions.